Preventive Care in Shirley, MA
Most oral health issues can be prevented if the proper measures are taken. The first step to a healthy mouth is a regular, 6-month cleaning and checkup at Nashoba Valley Dental.
At your professional teeth cleaning, Dr. Annese will be able to check for issues like tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health problems. With the proper preventive steps, these minor issues can be resolved without further treatment.
The Most Common Preventive Care Treatments
Preventive care focuses on catching common problems, like tooth decay, early and using advanced dental techniques to prevent them from developing into more serious oral health conditions. Common treatments include:
- 6-month teeth cleanings and oral exams – Your regular 6-month cleaning helps remove tartar and plaque from your teeth and gums. In addition, it allows Dr. Annese and your oral hygienist to examine your mouth for other potential issues such as periodontitis, tooth decay, and oral cancer, among others.
- Dental sealants – Dental sealants are made of advanced plastic compounds. A thin layer of plastic is applied to teeth that are at risk of cavities, such as the rearmost molars. This barrier prevents acid and bacterial buildup, minimizing the risk of tooth decay.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride allows tooth enamel to remineralize, and become stronger. Dr. Annese often uses fluoride treatments for those who have weakened enamel or are at a heightened risk of developing cavities.
- Deep cleanings (scaling & root planing) – Scaling and root planing is used to remove bacteria and tartar (calculus) from the gums. It is often used in patients who have gingivitis, which is the first stage of periodontal disease.
The Benefits of Preventive Oral Care
Here are a few benefits of seeing Dr. Annese of Nashoba Valley Dental for a regular 6-month checkup or other preventive treatments:
- Save time and money – A minor cavity can easily be treated without a filling if it is caught in time. Your regular 6-month exam is covered under most dental plans and is the best way to stay on top of your oral health. By doing so, you can avoid costly procedures like root canals, periodontal treatments, fillings, and crowns. This saves you both time and money.
- Maintain a healthier smile – Don’t let gum disease or tooth decay affect your smile. Regular preventive care helps keep your teeth bright, white and healthy.
- Minimize pain and discomfort – The pain of a toothache caused by a cavity or an infected tooth can be unbearable. With regular preventive care, you can avoid oral pain due to tooth infections and other oral health problems.
Come to Nashoba Valley Dental for Your Check-Up!
There is no substitute for regular preventive care, no matter how well you brush and floss! If you need a 6-month check-up, Nashoba Valley Dental is the right place for you.
Dr. Annese provides expert dental care with a flexible schedule and can treat the entire family. You and your loved ones can get the care you need and stay on top of your oral health. At Nashoba Valley Dental, we’re always accepting new patients. Feel free to contact us for an appointment at (978) 425-9088, or to visit our office at 228 Great Road, Shirley, MA 01464.